Educational Opportunity Grant
This scholarship offers up to $5000 for Washington residents who have junior standing and are enrolled at an eligible four-year school.
Washington Award for Vocational Excellence (WAVE Scholarship)
One community or technical college student is chosen from each legislative district to receive an award covering educational expenses for 2 years at any 2 or 4 year college in Washington. Applicants must be a current student who has completed at least one year in a vocational program. Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA to continue using the award. For an application, go to the WAVE Web site, or see the Financial Aid Office
NELA Take Aim Incentive and Transfer Scholarships
This fund provides multiple scholarships of between $500 and $2000 to currently enrolled Washington Community and Technical College students who are completing transferable associate degrees. Some scholarships are available for students who plan to complete their bachelor's degree at eligible four-year Washington colleges. Students must have a GPA of 2.0 or higher and have financial need. For more information, visit http://www.nela.net/resourcesforpartners/finaidoffices_lenders/takeaimscholarship.aspx.
Shoreline Community College's Foundation Scholarships
Shoreline offers a variety of scholarships through the Foundation Office.
Scholarships for specific colleges:
In addition to applying for financial aid at the college you plan to attend, you may also be able to apply for scholarships. Below is a listing of universities that offer scholarships, please click the name of each university to view their site.
- Antioch University Seattle has several scholarships for new students. See individual application materials for criteria and deadlines.
- Argosy University scholarship awards range from $1000 to $5000. Apply for multiple scholarships with one application.
- Bastyr University has scholarships open to all undergraduate students as well as specific scholarships for Phi Theta Kappa members and Licensed Massage Therapists.
- City University scholarships are awarded each quarter to students attending City University Seattle.
- DeVry University has multiple scholarships available ranging from $1200 to full tuition. Specific scholarships are available for Phi Theta Kappa members and national SkillsUSA Vica competition winners.
- The Evergreen State College The priority deadline to apply for a wide variety of scholarships and tuition awards is February 1st. Transfer students applying for scholarships should complete their admissions application by March 1st.
- Seattle Pacific University The SPU Undergraduate Admission Application is also your application for most SPU scholarships. To be considered for scholarships, transfer students must be admitted to SPU by April 1st.
- University of Washington Bothell has both campus-wide and program-specific scholarships available. Deadlines vary but are generally six to nine months before autumn quarter. You do not need to be admitted into your program of study to apply for most scholarships.
- University of Washington Seattle has campus and national scholarship information. Deadlines and eligibility requirements vary.
Thinking of Attending Out of State?
It may cost lest than you think. The Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education's Undergraduate Exchange allows students to enroll in many college programs at only 150 percent of the institution's regular resident tuition. This can be a substantial savings from out-of-state tuition costs. To be eligible, a student must be a resident of one of the participating states. Check the Western Undergraduate Exchange website for a complete list of participating states, colleges and programs.