Effective Summer 2012, Shoreline offers the equivalent of Math 080 and Math 099 as
individual 1-credit module courses. (These were previously offered as variable-credit
courses Math 085 and 095). If a student has the prerequisites to take Math 080 or
Math 099, he/she can take the modular math sequence instead.
Here are some important things to know about these courses:
1) These are NOT online courses.
- students are expected to attend two hours per week at the scheduled class time
- additional open lab time is available
- instruction is delivered through an online program with in-person instructor assistance
while in class/lab
- students can also use this online program while off-campus
- you earn one credit at a time by completing each module
- how many credits you do in a quarter is up to you
- you need to be self-motivated
- students can take more than one quarter to complete all five courses, but all five
courses in each sequence (either Math 081 - 085 or Math 091 - 095) must be completed
within one year. If not completed within one year, the student must start over with
the first of the modules/course.
3) Course equivalency:
- Math 080, Elementary Algebra: student must pass all five courses Math 081, 082, 083,
084, and 085
- Math 099, Intermediate Algebra: student must pass all five courses Math 091, 092,
093, 094, and 095
To register for any number of the modules 081 – 085, the student should register for
the desired number of credits in MATH 086.
To register for any number of the modules 091 – 095, the student should register for
the desired number of credits in MATH 096.
- we recommend the student initially sign up for at most 3 credits.
- credits can be added as the student progresses up to the 7th week of the quarter
- contact Mathadvising@shoreline.edu to get an entry code, if needed. (Please attach the document that shows you meet
the prerequisite; i.e. Compass scores or unofficial transcript.)