- Apply to Shoreline Community College and get a student ID number. (Please note: It may take up to 3 days before you are able to use your new student
identification number). If you have attended Shoreline before, contact Enrollment Services to reactivate
your file at 206-546-6929.
- Attend a New Student Orientation and Registration for advice and information regarding Pre-entry Course Requirements.
- Admissions criteria to apply to the Dental Hygiene Program include completing prerequisite
courses and participating in an interview process. It is recommended that student
with minimal or no computer skills also take an introductory course in the use of
- Twenty-six (26) students are accepted into the program each fall after successfully
completing the selection process.
- All science must be taken within the last five (5) years.
- Apply for admission to the dental hygiene program by completing the ONLINE Dental Hygiene Program Application. Make sure you have followed the application process exactly and submit before the
deadline January 15, 2013.
- Print the entire application using the designated button on the screen and sign the pages indicated. You will be required to pay a $15.00 non-refundable processing fee.
Note: if you do NOT have permanent resident status in the United States, you must first apply and be accepted as an international student before your application to enter the Dental Hygiene Program can be considered. Please
contact the International Student Office at 206-546-4679 for information regarding
the application procedure and deadlines.
YOU MUST MEET ALL DEADLINES AND SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED AS
A QUALIFIED APPLICANT TO THE SHORELINE COMMUNITY COLLEGE DENTAL HYGIENE PROGRAM
- There is no entrance exam for Fall 2013 applicants.
- If you completed your prerequisites at another college; or outside of Washington;
or if your courses are not listed in the Course Equivalence Chart, an evaluated and signed Review of Course Equivalency Form should have been completed prior to this point.
- Complete and sign application form
- Transcripts (original or copies) through fall quarter 2012
- $15.00 non-refundable processing fee must be included with transcipts and application
documents. Please make check or money orders payable to Shoreline Community College
- Proof of Work or Volunteer Experience Form found in the Application Procedure Packet.
Send these documents in one envelope before the January 15, 2013 deadline to:
Shoreline Community College
Dental Hygiene Department
16101 Greenwood Ave N
Shoreline, WA 98133
The deadline for submitting the dental hygiene application packet is January 15, 2013.
If hand delivered, the application packet must be received no later than 4:00pm, January 15, 2013. If mailed, postmark must be dated no later than January 15, 2013.
Under no circumstance will we accept late applications. The volume of applications makes it necessary to strictly adhere to the timeline.
Applicants with an incomplete file will need to wait until the next year to apply.
- Students will go through the selection/review process; a point system is used to determine
acceptance into the program. Initial ranking will be based on points assigned for
academic performance (grades) and work experience. The top 60 applicants will be interviewed
during the week of March 20-22, 2013. Points from the interview will be added to previous
points. Twenty-six students will be selected for program entry each fall quarter.
- All students will be notified of their acceptance status on April 2013. Students who
are placed on the alternate list are ranked, and should stay in close contact with
the Dental Hygiene Program Office if interested in remaining active applicants. If
a candidate withdraws, alternate candidates will be contacted. Alternates must continue
to complete any remaining prerequisites Summer Quarter.
- Prior to entry of Dental Hygiene Program, all students must have a: Washington State
criminal background check, copy of current First Aid card, TB testing, required vaccinations,
dental and medical physical exams.
All information submitted for the first application will be retained for two years.
If you feel it is necessary you may retake any pre-requisite courses. However, you
will need to resubmit a new application and processing fee by the new deadline. If
you have updated transcripts you want us to consider, include those as well. Make
sure you get updated information from our website early Fall Quarter, as admission
requirements and class selection procedures are subject to change.