Entrance Requirements & Selection Process
Prerequisites: Timing for completion of prerequisites
Selection Process: Points for prerequisite course grades
The program has completed updates in the application process for the next application period.
To be eligible for admission to the Dental Hygiene program, you must meet the following conditions:
- Completed all prerequisites with a GPA of 2.5 or higher before applying for admission to dental hygiene
- All required science classes must have been taken within five years of your application
(Virtual or Online labs with science courses WILL NOT be accepted.)
A point system is used to rank applicants. Space is limited to twenty-four new students, so admission is determined according to ranking. Points are given for:
- 50%--academics (grades of prerequisite courses only)
- 20%--work and educational experience, if any
The top sixty applicants based on points for academics and work and educational experience will be invited for interviews. The top twenty-four will be invited to enter the program.
There is a waitlist, based on rank, in case an applicant in the top twenty-four does not enroll and you are notified that you are on the waitlist, you should stay in close contact with us. If an admitted student withdraws, an applicant on the waitlist will be contacted.
If you are not admitted on your first attempt, you may reapply the following year. If you feel it is necessary, you may retake any prerequisite courses. Be sure to submit updated transcripts.
All information submitted on your first application will be retained for two years. You would just login to the application and make any updates to your information. Complete the process as you did the first time. Be sure to submit your materials as a single packet and pay the application fee before the the close of the application period.
Prior to starting the program, you will need to submit documentation showing:
- Medical and Required Immunizations Forms and TB skin test results
- Hepatitis B series
- Varicella (chickenpox)
- Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis
- TB skin test (annually)
- Background Check from www.castlebranch.com
- Current FIRST AID certification must be valid for the entire program
(Note: CPR/AED will be taught the second quarter in the dental hygiene program before treating patients)