Math 098: Handouts
Below is a list, from oldest (at the top) to newest (at the bottom), of all handouts
- If you missed the first day of class or came in late, please fill out this information sheet and return it to me as soon as possible.
- Group exploration #1 from Wednesday, Sept. 23. Solutions.
- Group exploration #2 from Thursday, Sept. 24. Solutions.
- Group exploration #3 from Friday, Sept. 25. Solutions. Please note that your "best fit" line may be different than mine and thus your
answers may be different. But the method used to arrive at the answers should be
the same, regardless. Also keep in mind that your estimates are only as good as your
graph....so make the graph BIG and accurate to get the best estimates!
- Group exploration #4 from Wednesday, Sept. 30. Solutions.
- Group exploration #5 from Friday, Oct. 2. Solutions.
- Group exploration #6 from Wednesday, Oct. 7. Solutions.
- Group exploration #7 from Wednesday, Oct. 14. Solutions.
- Group exploration #8 (with solutions) from Tuesday, October 20.
- Examples (and solutions) done in class on Wednesdsay, October 21 and Thursday, October
22 on Linear Models (sections 5.5 and 5.6).
- Group exploration #9 from Friday, Oct. 23. Solutions.
- Group exploration # 10 from Tuesday, Oct. 27. Solutions.
- Here is the blue three page handout we've been working on in class Monday - Wednesday, November 2 - 4. It gives an overview
of our 3 methods for solving 2x2 systems of linear equations and several examples
of word problems like those found in section 6.5. Solutions.
- Here is the blue handout on the rules of exponents from Thursday, November 5. And here are the solutions. When looking at my solutions, remember that you can do these problems MANY different
ways. As long as you follow the correct order of operations and apply the rules of
exponents correctly, you'll get the correct answer. You don't have to do the problem
the exact same way I did.
- Group exploration # 11 from Monday, November 16. Solutions.
- Group exploration # 12 from Thursday, November 19. Solutions.
- Here is the blue worksheet from Friday, November 20 covering Exponential Models (section 10.5). And here are the solutions.
Questions? email email@example.com