Worksheet for Facility Rental Applicants
- Plan ahead. Please allow a minimum of 4 weeks advance notice before your event to reserve space
at SCC. For large events, more advance time is recommended, especially if you plan
to serve food or alcohol, or need extensive set up and media to support the event.
All facilities used for teaching or other campus activities planned during regularly
scheduled class time on week days may only be reserved after the academic quarter
schedule is determined. Academic Campus quarter scheduling is usually completed 8
weeks before the beginning of the quarter. Conference areas may be able to be scheduled
sooner. Reservations planned for weeks between academic quarters are more likely to
- Get Information. To receive information about renting space at SCC, please contact the Facility Rentals
office at 206-546-5863. The Facility Rental office is located on the lower level of
the 9000 PUB Student Union building, Bookstore. Office hours are: Tuesday, Thursday
and Friday. Applications can also be submitted online here.
- Provide details. The more our Facility Rentals Office know about your event, the better service and
support we can provide for you. Consider staging, additional tables and chairs, media
equipment, decorations, music and sound systems, security needs, etc. A 50% deposit
of all basic room rental fees must be paid at the time of booking. Facilities cannot
be held or reserved without such a deposit and a signed contract.
- Don't assume. Spell out your expectations in detail. Miscommunication can cause problems. Make
sure to accurately fill out and read BOTH SIDES of the Rental contract. Don't forget
to sign both page 1 and 2 of the SCC Facility Rental contract!
- Make arrangements for parking passes and wireless access via the Facility Rentals
office at least 2 weeks in advance of the event. Campus parking is paid every day including weekends, evenings and holidays. Pre-purchased electronic
parking or hanging tags may be obtained for a discounted rate of $1.50/day. Get information
about connecting to SCC wireless once you have received your SCC temporary access card.
- Allow enough time for your setup and cleanup. Both are required for a successful event.
- Know the emergency phone number for Security: (206)206-235-5860. If staff is 15 minutes or more late in arriving, please call the above number. Our
on duty security officer will help you get into the facility.
4-8+ Weeks Prior to Event:
- Contact the Facilities Rental Office at Shoreline Community College at 206-546-5863
or extension x5863 from on campus to discuss your event and request information.
- Confirm dates, event times, set up and tear down time allowances to reserve the facility
on campus. The Facility Rental Office will confirm these facts, make the reservation
with the SCC Campus Room Scheduler, and email or mail you a confirmation for your
- Do you need additional equipment? Sound System? Media Equipment? Technicians? Theater
Manager? Staging, Tables? Chairs? Additional Security? Parking permits?
- Does your event require extensive set up by the SCC Facilities crew? Staging? Floor
cloth? Additional tables and chairs? One or both side of the bleachers in the gym?
- Does your event require catering, beverage service, or a concession? If so, contact the on-site Manager for Chartwells
in the PUB 9000 building to get the SCC Outside catering menu. Maureen Carlson, Manager, at 206-546-6918,or via email at: SCCcampusCatering@shoreline.edu
- Are you serving alcohol? If so, plan early and get the SCC Applications submitted
as soon as possible! You will need to fill out the Application for Approval to serve Alcoholic beverages on Campus form. Return the Application to the Facility Rentals office at least 3 weeks prior
to the event date. The SCC Vice President of Administration Office will review the
Application. Approval and signature must be obtained BEFORE you can apply for a liquor
permit from the Washington State Liquor Control Board. Contact Chartwells to arrange
for purchasing the liquor and to discuss hiring licensed liquor servers/pourers that
are REQUIRED for every event serving alcohol on campus. Additional Security is required
for all events serving alcohol which may include hiring an off duty King County Officer.
The SCC Director of Safety and Security will assist in determining the level of security
required for every event on campus.
- Read the complete SCC Facility Rentals Policies & Procedures Packet. Return signed
sheet acknowledging that you have read and understood the information. This is posted
on the SCC Facility Rental website page.
3 Weeks Prior to Event:
- Return the completed and signed Facility Rental Contract to SCC Rental office via mail or in person. The office is located in the 9000 PUB
Building, lower Bookstore level.
- Pay 50% deposit of all basic room rental fees. Facilities cannot be held or reserved
without such a deposit and a signed contract.
- Provide set up details for the SCC Facility Work Order to be completed - # tables
and chairs, location of media and other equipment, staging, etc. Submitting a sketch
of the room layout is very helpful.
- Confirm if you want to distribute information via flyers, posters, advertising, public
relations or promotional materials. If the event is inviting the campus community,
we may be able to submit information in our SCC campus electronic communication. Let
us know if we can help!
- Plan your decorations and signage. If you need to borrow A-Boards or easels from the
college, please let us know.
- Check out the campus maps on the SCC website and forward this information to your invited guests to better assist
them in finding the campus and locating your event. Remember to notify guests about
fee parking on campus, unless you plan to provide parking passes to visitors.
- Discuss parking plan with the Facility Rentals staff. Fee parking is enforced at all
times on campus. SCC parking charges are: $2.00 for 2 hours, $3.00 for 4 hours and
$5.00 for all day. Kiosks take coins and credit cards, no bills! Weekend and Holiday
rates are $2.00 all day. Parking ticket kiosks are located in the parking lots around
campus. Electronic parking passes can be purchased for $1.50/day through the Facility
Rentals office. Allow 2 weeks processing time.
2 Weeks Prior to Event:
- Confirm catering requests, including the number of guests expected, with Chartwells.
1 Week Prior to Event:
- Allow enough time for your setup and cleanup. If you need more time for this, let
the Facilities Rental Office know and if we can accommodate the request, we will schedule
additional time. The college closes at midnight so cleanup should be planned to be
completedy this time.
- Contact the SCC Facilities Rental office to confirm event set up, custodial, monitoring,
parking, security, and media equipment details.
- Make final payment for the rental. This fee may not include additional charges for
equipment, custodial fees, technicians, event managers, sound equipment, etc as these
charges may need to assessed after the event. You will them be charged later by the
Facilities Rental office.
- Finish décor and signage planning and purchase last minute materials. Gather your
set up and tear down crew to help. Review the College policies on decorating in the
buildings. The college does not supply ladders or other set up equipment.
Day of Event:
- Arrive on time for set up.
- Bring a copy of the Contract with you on the event day.
- Contact Security or other SCC personnel (Media technicians, theater technicians, event
monitors) with any questions or concerns. Confirm access and other security issues
with the SCC staff to identify which building doors need to be open or locked.
- If media or other AV equipment is being used for your event, allow enough time to
test the equipment before any presentation or performance.
- Put out signage, including directional signage from the parking lots.
- Know the emergency contact number for SCC Security: (206) 546-235-5860. SCC Security, event monitors or technicians will arrive at the designated set up
time to give you access to the classroom or building. If staff is 10 minutes or more
late in arriving, please call the above number. Our on duty security officer will
help you get into the facility. Make sure to notify the SCC supervising personnel
when you are ready to leave at the end of the event so they can call Security to lock
- Clean up the space after the event. Remove all items you brought and leave the space
in good condition before you leave the premises.
- Have a great time!