Worksheet for Facility Rental Applicants
- Plan ahead. Please allow a minimum of 4 weeks advance notice before your event to reserve space
at Shoreline Community College. For large events, more advance time is recommended,
especially if you plan to serve food or alcohol, or need extensive set up and media
to support the event. All facilities used for teaching or other campus activities
planned during regularly scheduled class time on week days may only be reserved after
the academic quarter schedule is determined. Academic quarter scheduling is usually
completed 8 weeks before the beginning of the quarter. Conference areas may be able
to be scheduled sooner. Reservations planned for weeks between academic quarters are
more likely to be available.
- Get Information. Call us at 206-546-5863. The Facility Rental office is located on the lower level
of the 9000 building inside the bookstore.
- Submit a rental application.
- Provide details. The more our Facility Rentals Office know about your event, the better service and
support we can provide for you. Consider staging, additional tables and chairs, media
equipment, decorations, music and sound systems, security needs, etc. A 50% deposit
of all basic room rental fees must be paid at the time of booking. Facilities cannot
be held or reserved without such a deposit and a signed contract.
- Don't assume. Spell out your expectations in detail. Miscommunication can cause problems. Make
sure to accurately fill out and read BOTH SIDES of the Rental contract. Don't forget
to sign both page 1 and 2 of the facility rental contract.
- Filming or recording on campus will require completion of a Permission to Film/Record on Campus application (Note: if you you're a student, please use this version of the form.), insurance, talent waivers and/or comprehensive Production Plan proposal. For inquiries
contact Tony Doupe, Shoreline Film Office at 206-546-5829, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make arrangements for parking passes at least 2 weeks in advance of the event. Campus parking is paid every day including weekends, evenings and holidays. Pre-purchased electronic
parking or hanging tags may be obtained for a discounted rate of $1.50/day by contacting
the Facility Rental office.
- If you want wireless access for guests, contact the Facility Rentals office at least
2 weeks in advance of the event. Contact Facility rental office for the log in and password details. Read information
about connecting to the campus wireless network once you have received your temporary access details.
- Allow enough time for your setup and cleanup. Both are required for a successful event.
- Know the emergency phone number for Safety & Security: 206-235-5860. If staff is 15 minutes or more late in arriving, please call the above number. Our
on duty security officer will help you get into the facility.
4-8+ Weeks Prior to Event:
- Contact the Facilities Rental Office at Shoreline Community College at 206-546-5863
or extension x 5863 from on campus to discuss your event and request information.
- Confirm dates, event times, set up and tear down time allowances to reserve the facility
on campus. The Facility Rental Office will confirm these facts, make the reservation
with the Campus Room Scheduler, and email or mail you a confirmation for your reservation.
- Do you need additional equipment? Sound System? Media Equipment? Technicians? Theater
Manager? Staging, Tables? Chairs? Additional Security? Parking permits?
- Does your event require extensive set up by the College Facilities crew? Staging?
Floor cloth? Additional tables and chairs? One or both side of the bleachers in the
- Does your event require catering, beverage service, or a concession? If so, contact
the on-site Manager for Lancer in the PUB 9000 building to get the catering menu.
Phone: 206-546-6918 or email: email@example.com
- Are you serving alcohol? If so, plan early and get the SCC Applications submitted
as soon as possible! You will need to fill out the application for approval to serve alcoholic beverages on campus. Return the Application to the Facility Rentals office at least 3 weeks
prior to the event date. The College Executive Director of Auxiliary and Logistical
Services will review the Application. Approval and signature must be obtained BEFORE
you can apply for a liquor permit from the Washington State Liquor Control Board.
you MUST comply with State law and hire licensed liquor servers/pourers for every
event serving alcohol on campus. Additional Security is required for all events serving
alcohol which may include hiring an off duty King County Officer. The College Director
of Safety and Security will assist in determining the level of security required for
every event on campus.
- Read the complete Facility Rentals Policies & Procedures Packet. Return signed sheet
acknowledging that you have read and understood the information. This is posted on
the Facility Rental website page.
3 Weeks Prior to Event:
- Return the completed and signed facility rental contract to College rental office via mail or in person. The office is located in the 9000
PUB Building, lower Bookstore level.
- Pay 50% deposit of all basic room rental fees. Facilities cannot be held or reserved
without such a deposit and a signed contract.
- Provide set up details for the Facility Work Order to be completed - # tables and
chairs, location of media and other equipment, staging, etc. Submitting a sketch of
the room layout is very helpful.
- Confirm if you want to distribute information via flyers, posters, advertising, public
relations or promotional materials. If the event is inviting the campus community,
we may be able to submit information in our campus electronic communication. Let us
know if we can help!
- Plan your decorations and signage. If you need to borrow A-Boards or easels, please
let us know.
- Check out the campus maps on the College website and forward this information to your invited guests to better
assist them in finding the campus and locating your event. Remember to notify guests
about fee parking on campus, unless you plan to provide parking passes to visitors.
- Discuss parking plan with the Facility Rentals staff. Fee parking is enforced at all
times on campus. Parking charges are: $3.00 for 2 hours, $5.00 for 4 hours and $7.50
for all day. Kiosks take coins and credit cards, no bills! Weekend and holiday rates
are $3.00 all day. Parking ticket kiosks are located in the parking lots around campus.
Electronic parking passes can be purchased for $1.50/day through the Facility Rentals
office. Allow 2 weeks processing time.
2 Weeks Prior to Event:
- Confirm catering requests, including the number of guests expected, with Lancer Catering
1 Week Prior to Event:
- Allow enough time for your setup and cleanup. If you need more time for this, let
the Facilities Rental Office know and if we can accommodate the request, we will schedule
additional time. The college closes at midnight so cleanup should be planned to be
complete by this time.
- Contact the Facilities Rental office to confirm event set up, custodial, monitoring,
parking, security, and media equipment details.
- Make final payment for the rental. This fee may not include additional charges for
equipment, custodial fees, technicians, event managers, sound equipment, etc as these
charges may need to assessed after the event. You will them be charged later by the
Facilities Rental office.
- Finish décor and signage planning and purchase last minute materials. Gather your
set up and tear down crew to help. Review the College policies on decorating in the
buildings. The college does not supply ladders or other set up equipment.
Day of Event:
- Arrive on time for set up.
- Bring a copy of the Contract with you on the event day.
- Contact Security or other College personnel (Media technicians, theater technicians,
event monitors) with any questions or concerns. Confirm access and other security
issues with the College staff to identify which building doors need to be open or
- If media or other AV equipment is being used for your event, allow enough time to
test the equipment before any presentation or performance.
- Put out signage, including directional signage from the parking lots.
- Know the emergency contact number for Safety & Security: 206-235-5860. Security, event monitors or technicians will arrive at the designated set up time
to give you access to the classroom or building. If staff is 10 minutes or more late
in arriving, please call the above number. Our on duty security officer will help
you get into the facility. Make sure to notify the College supervising personnel when
you are ready to leave at the end of the event so they can call Security to lock the
- Clean up the space after the event. Remove all items you brought and leave the space
in good condition before you leave the premises.
- Have a great time!