A person with a drug or alcohol dependency problem can get help from a number of sources:
- The Washington State Employee Advisory Service can provide a resource list of treatments
and doctors covered by your medical insurance (for eligible employees). They also
have a list of other community resources to contact for assessment. Call 206-281-6315.
- The Advising & Counseling Center located in the Foss building (5229) offers assistance
to students confronted with various challenges, including referral for assistance
with drug and alcohol concerns. Call 206-546-4559.
- Shoreline Community College Wellness Committee Chair, Vice President for Human Resources:
- Consult the local telephone directory for private practitioners and agencies (Yellow
Pages- under Alcohol Abuse and Addiction - and Drug Abuse and Addiction -Information
and Treatment), and for Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous.
- Alcohol & Drug 24 Hour Help Line: 1-800-562-1240 (information and referral)
- Alcohol/Drug Teen Help Line: 206-722-4222 (information and referral)
- Crisis Clinic, 24 Hour Crisis Line: 206-461-3222 1-800-244-5767 (information and referral)
- Alcoholics Anonymous (information and referral):
- Bellevue: 425-454-9192
- Seattle: 206-587-2838
- Edmonds: 425-672-0987
- Everett: 425-252-2525
National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information: 1-800-662-HELP. (publications,
information and referral) WA State Alcohol and Drug Clearinghouse: 206-725-9696 (publications,
information and referral)