MAY 8 — JOIN US IN A RELEASE CELEBRATION!
11am - 6pm — Visual Arts Center, 2000 Building
Spindrift is back from the bindery — and it is stunning!
CONTRIBUTORS - Pick up your complimentary copy.
Enjoy the journal come to life!
🎨 view the journal art — meet the artists
🎼 listen to original, live music
📝 hear literary work read by authors
🎬 screen the moving image piece!
WRITERS - We'd love to have you read from your work - email Spindrift@shoreline.edu by May 1 if interested.
Journals will be on hand for sale - $15 each.
Note - if you are not local & need your copy sent, please email Spindrift@shoreline.edu with your mailing address.
2018 SPINDRIFT STAFF:
Julie Hiebert — Managing Editor
Aneta Pasiud — Art Editor
Midori Vance — Assistant Art Editor
Anita Proudfoot — Marketing & Communications, Music Editor
LeeEliza Owenz — Literary Editor
Nathan Blood — Literary Assistant
Nate Slack — Literary Assistant
2017 Recap —
Community College Humanities Association awarded Spindrift:
- SECOND PLACE - National
- FIRST PLACE - Pacific-Western Division
- Individual Awards — National:
- POEMS: 2nd Place, "Nocturna A Marzo" — Zoe Gillespie
- PHOTOGRAPHY: Honorable Mention, "COA" — Miles Patton
- SONG: 1st Place, "Soundtrack 1" — Isaiah Koscho
- SONG: 2nd Place, "Time" — Carlos Amezcua
- SONG: 3rd Place, "Clarity" — Mason McGerry
- 2017 Spindrift staff:
- Julie Hiebert — Managing Editor
- LeeEliza Owenz — Art Editor
- Anita Proudfoot — Literary Editor
- Midori Vance — Assistant Art Editor
- Rachel Kamps — Assistant Literary Editor
- A record number of submissions, from both professionals & SCC students, all over the country, in a wide range of media — new is music — are showcased in Spindrift 2017.
- Three ways to buy Spindrift:
- Spindrift office is closed for submissions until late 2018/early 2019!
- Please visit Submissions for more details about submitting work for the journal.