Friday, September 30, 2011
* Shoreline Community College Volleyball Pounds Edmonds CC
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
* Lisa Day Is Named NWAACC Northern Region Offensive Player of the Week
Shoreline Community College’s volleyball player, Lisa Day, was named the NWAACC Northern Region Offensive Player of the Week. Day, a sophomore from Ballard High School in Seattle, was the Northern Region MVP in 2010 and has already been named All-Tournament at the Highline Community College tournament to start the season off.
The Lady Dolphins volleyball team defeated Northwest Indian College on Wednesday night at the SCC Gym and takes on Edmonds Community College on Friday night in Lynnwood, WA at 7 p.m.
Lisa Day flies high for a kill
* SCC Volleyball Hammers Northwest Indian College 3-0
The Lady Dolphins powered past the outmanned Eagles from NW Indian College, 25-2-25-1 and 25-9.
SCC is now 8-4 on the season and 1-0 in the NWAACC Northern Region. SCC returns to region action on Friday night as they play rival Edmonds CC in Lynnwood, WA at 7 p.m.
Christine Jenson sets the ball
* SCC Volleyball Player of the Week: Jazmyn Ray
The 6'1" middle blocker from Ingraham High School was dominant in the SCC 3-0 victory over Olympic College on Friday night with several powerful spikes and blocks as Ray controlled the front line. SCC is now 7-4 on the season and 1-0 in the NWAACC Northern Region. SCC plays on Wednesday night against Northwest Indian College in the SCC Gym at 7 p.m.
Ray in action
Friday, September 23, 2011
* SCC Volleyball Wins Home Opener
The Shoreline Community College Volleyball Team opened its home schedule on Friday night at the SCC Gym. The Lady Dolphins looked sluggish in the first game, but came back to win 27-25, and then put Olympic away in the next two games, 25-13, 25-16 to win their first NWAACC Northern Region Game of the year.
SCC is now 7-4 overall and 1-0 in the region. Olympic falls to 5-13, 1-1. SCC plays next at home against Northwest Indian College on Wednesday at 7 p.m.
Northern Region MVP Lisa Day in action
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
* SCC Volleyball Player of the Week: Hannah Stoeve
· SCC Volleyball Player of the Week is Hannah Stoeve who was named All-Tournament at the NWAACC Crossover at Clackamas Community College in Oregon City, OR. Stoeve, a sophomore from Shorewood High School help lead SCC to a 2-2 record at the event and a tie for third place.
· SCC is 6-4 on the season and plays Olympic College on Friday at 7:00 PM in the SCC Gym in the opening game of the NWAACC Northern Region schedule.
Monday, September 19, 2011
* SCC Women’s Volleyball Goes 2-2 At NWAACC Crossover
The Lady Dolphin Volleyball Team went 2-2 at the NWAACC Crossover Tournament at Clackamas Community College in Oregon City, OR over the weekend. The SCC squad was shorthanded for the tournament, as 2 players could not travel due to personal reasons and one player was injured during the first game of the tournament.
On Saturday, the Dolphins dropped a 0-3 match to the host team from Clackamas but bounced back to beat Big Bend CC 3-0. On Sunday, SCC finished round-robin play with a 3-0 victory over Green River CC. In the semi-finals of the tournament, SCC lost to CC of the Spokane 3-1 and finished tied for 3rd place.
Hannah Stoeve was named to the All-Tournament Team for SCC.
Shoreline is now 6-4 on the season and opens NWAACC Northern Region play on Friday night against Olympic College in the SCC gym at 7 p.m.
Monday, September 12, 2011
* SCC Athletics Weekend Round-Up: Volleyball
The Lady Dolphin Volleyball Team received 8 points in the first NWAACC Volleyball Poll on Friday and are unofficially ranked 9th in the NWAACC (the NWAACC Poll goes only 8 places). Clackamas Community College is ranked 8th with 11 points. The Community College of Spokane is ranked #1 in the NWAACC. Northern Region rival, Bellevue College is ranked 7th with 20 points and a 5-3 record. SCC and Bellevue finished third at the Highline CC tournament last week.
SCC is 4-2 after defeating Northwest Indian College on Wednesday in Bellingham, WA. Both of the Dolphins losses are to ranked NWAACC schools, #1 ranked Spokane and #3 ranked Tacoma CC. The losses came at the Highline Community College tournament. The SCC squad travels to Clackamas CC in Oregon City, OR this weekend to take part in the NWAACC Crossover Tournament there. SCC faces Clackamas, Big Bend and Green River Community Colleges in the pool play on Saturday and Sunday and then moves on to bracket play later on Sunday.
Lisa Day, NWAACC Northern Region Volleyball MVP, 2010
* Haruka Murakami Named Volleyball Player of the Week
· Haruka Murakami, a freshman volleyball player from Hiroshima, Japan, was named Player of the Week for the SCC Volleyball program. Haruka scored 15 straight points for the Lady Dolphins while serving against Northwest Indian College in the 3-0 sweep of NWIC.
SCC is 4-2 on the year and travels to NWAACC Crossover Tournament this weekend at Clackamas CC in Oregon City, OR.
Wednesday, September 07, 2011
* Hannah Stoeve Named Shoreline Volleyball Player of the Week
* SCC Women's Volleyball Routs NW Indian College
The Lady Dolphin Volleyball Team had little trouble with Northwest Indian College on Wednesday night inBellingham, WA, pounding the home team 25-6, 25-1 and 25-4. Head Coach Raquel West said her team was focuse and did not let a weak opponent affect their concentration.
SCC is 4-2 on the season and travels to Oregon City, OR on September 17 to take part in the NWAACC Crossover tournament at Clackamas Community College.
SCC Home Volleyball Schedule for 2011:
||Everett Community College
||Edmonds Community College
||Whatcom Community College
Head Coach Raquel West on right, Assistant Coach Mark West on left