Gender Non-traditional Programs Student Support
What are Gender Non-traditional Programs at Shoreline Community College?
Gender non-traditional programs are “…occupations or fields of work…for which individuals from one gender comprise less than 25% of the individuals employed in each such occupation or field of work.” (Source: Perkins Grant)
Examples of Non-traditional Programs for Female Students
- Music Technology
- Clean Energy Technology & Entrepreneurship
- Engineering (Solid Works)
Examples of Non-traditional Programs for
- Nursing (6 or 10 quarter options)
- Nursing Assistant Certified
- Health Information & Information Management
- Dental Hygiene
- One-on-one campus appointments
- Supportive listening
- We will work together to create a plan to help meet your needs, concerns and goals with available resources.